I’ve been thinking about the “Up” project for about 6 months now and today was the day to start cutting out figures.
Thanks to the great collage assignment quarter making series of things is now just fine by me.As one of my classmates shared it’s actually the process that’s fun for her.I’m finding it a good place to.
Today the fun continues with creating paper beads to act as the limbs from the off cuts.
So this is the theme for our show at UW tower in June.
This is one of the completed pieces of paper-cloth for the installation.
Yep it just had to be done!
Yesterday we had some young students join us for the tactile art class.We had fun !
6 pairs of hands one small space
My technical knowledge of clay is a pinch pot and a coiled pot.This was enough of a step off point for this small group.We explored surfaces,form and the muscle memory needed to create.
I also got to share my prototypes for the final show.All three classes that met them yesterday gave positive feedback.After I did some very guerrilla art installing while a very high brow conference was in process at UW tower.
Quick visual confirmation of space for finals show
Coat hanger will go but I really needed to check the scale.The blue crew will go for the final installation they are just sizing tools. 12 white sentinels and 42 green themed guys each representing an article of the children’s rights charter will be included.I have 18 pieces of hand painted,layered and stitched paper-cloth.Hardest part is cutting the first one up !